Radiant #34, Lovell
May 1, 1920 - June 10, 1987

John A
Green
Francine Huntington
     A group of Masonic affiliates met in the fall of 1919 to organize an Eastern Star Chapter, in the city of Lovell, Wyoming.
     That dream came true and on May 1, 1920, the group met for the first meeting of Radiant Chapter No. 34, Order of the Eastern Star. Radiant Chapter derived its name from a chapter in Colorado. Sister Laura Mitchell, our first Matron, selected the name.
     The first meeting was held in the First National Bank Building with Sister Laura Mitchell and Brother John Green presiding as Matron and Patron. Our charter was granted by the Grand Chapter later in 1920.For fourteen years Radiant Chapter met in the First National Bank building. Originally the meetings were held twice a month, but later the meeting night was changed to once a month. In the fall of 1934, the lodge and chapter lost its meeting place and were permitted to meet in the Methodist Church. Meetings were held in the church for eleven months, after which the American Legion Hall became the home of our chapter for a period of two years. In the spring of 1937, the Masons began work on a permanent establishment. Under the supervision of C.C. Clark, the building was erected and was our meeting place until 1987.Radiant Chapter boasts that Brother John Green, our first Worthy Patron, served the Grand Chapter as Worthy Grand Patron in 1926. He served with Sister Myrtle Sawyer, Worthy Grand Matron, at their Grand Chapter Session in Casper.
     Also, our own Sister Francine Huntington served the Grand Chapter as Worthy Grand Matron in 1947. She had her Grand Session in Casper as well, and presided with W.O. Edmondson as Worthy Grand Patron.
     Among other highlights, Radiant Chapter sponsored the International Order of Jobs Daughters and a charter was granted in 1948.We always appreciated our heritage and constantly were showing this by serving dinners to our Masons before each meeting. Our minutes tell us that Radiant Chapter started this practice in 1923. We found this created good fellowship and kept an active interest between the Star members and Masons.
     We celebrated our50th Anniversary in 1970 with many guests and Grand Officers from around the State.
     We were honored that six of our members served the Grand Chapter as Grand Officers and 24 of them served as Grand Representatives.
     Due to lack of attendance by our members, we consolidated our membership with Alcyone Chapter No. 27, Powell, in 1987. This was the first time in the history of the Grand Chapter that chapters were allowed to consolidate membership rather than give up their charters. The memory of our good times in Radiant Chapter No. 34 will remain with us as time marches on.